- Short-term programs - Erasmus+/Free mover/Summer and Winter Schools/Bosnian and English language programs
- English Language School
- Degree programs - 4-year Bachelors
- Master programs - 1-year Masters
- PhD programs - 3-year PhD programs
INDIVIDUAL STUDENT EXCHANGE
Individual Exchange or Free Mover students are visiting students making their own arrangements and payment to study at International University of Sarajevo. This is different from a transfer student, in that you are not an IUS student, but just spending one or two semesters in Sarajevo with the permission of your home university, and transferring the credits you earn at IUS back to your university. Equivalence and transfer of ECTS points earned at IUS to your home institution will be determined and processed by your home institution.
WHY INDIVIDUAL EXCHANGE?
If you want to experience life in BiH for a longish while, but you do not wish to interrupt your academic career by taking time off your studies, individual exchange allows you to stay up to a year in Bosnia without worrying about the language of education, your courses, legal status or your diploma recognition. You simply study at IUS as a visiting student and then return to your regular studies without losing time.
Diversity: The city has an amazing historical background - a mix of cultures that makes you live through different periods in a matter of minutes.
Nature: If you like nature and mountains, you can find plenty of them around Sarajevo. Skiing, hiking, Nordic skiing are all popular.
Culture: With so much history and culture, Sarajevo is the Jerusalem of Europe. People are welcoming and friendly. The pace of life is slow, savoring life immersed in a fusion of cultures.
Food: Great food and quite affordable. A good meal at a nice restaurant is about 10 Euro. Vegan and vegetarian options as well as fresh produce straight from the farmers in street markets any day of the week.
Cost: Sarajevo is not too expensive, especially for a student. Most students live quite comfortably for around 400-600 Euro depending on where they settle in the city.
Convenience: As a capital, most of the country gravitates towards it so you can find almost anything you can buy in any other major city.
Safety: The city is very safe, with people out and about at all hours with no worry, even in colder times.
• English as language of education and communication
• 5 different faculties and 21 departments
• Students from over 50 countries, faculty from over 25
• Compliance with Bologna Standards and following European Credit Transfer system
• 2014 Best University of the Western Balkans Award (BiH European Movement)
• 2014 Western Balkans Entrepreneur University Award (BiH European Movement)
• 170 Active International Agreements,
• Member of European Universities Association
• Member of International University Association
• Accreditation of Bosnia and Herzegovina National Accreditation Center,
• Extensive program of partnerships with prestigious institutions in Europe,
• Applied training and internship opportunities,
• 100%, 50% and 25% scholarship opportunities,
• Award-winning Academic English Preparatory Program,
• Ease to switch between faculties and programs,
• Flexible curriculum,
• Green Campus Environment,
• Exchange of students, Erasmus +, Mevlana Programs, and Free Mover Mobility
• Master and PhD programs
• On-campus accommodations
As an Individual Exchange/Free Mover student, if you are not involved in an exchange program or any other bilateral agreement between universities, the fee is 100 Euro per ECTS per semester. A flat reduced fee applies if you take between 19 to 36 ECTS.
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1. Contact your home university International Relations Office regarding their procedure and conditions for an outgoing exchange student.
Step 2. Upon approval of your home institution, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may help you with visa requirements and with further personalizing your experience. Detailed information regarding programs and courses are on our webpages: ius.edu.ba/academic-units and ius.edu.ba/syllabi.
As we finalize your registration, we will ask for the following documents:
Learning Agreement for Individual Exchange Application form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- English language certificate (Not necessary for native speakers/Simple form for others)
- Student certificate (proof that you are a registered student at your home institution)
- Transcript (in English)
- Two passport size photos
- Copy of passport
- Criminal record document from the country of origin (in English, no later than 3 months)
- After your exchange studies at IUS end, your will receive Letter of Attendance and Transcript from IUS.
IUS offers on-site accommodation in two dormitories (men's and women's). The fee is 150 Euro per month and includes breakfast. The fee for accommodations including breakfast and dinner is 200 Euro. The accommodation options can be extended into summer. Additionally, there are many hotels and restaurants around campus.